LESSONS INSIDE (15) → [20 CARD SETS]
Introductory notes ◆ Reading the French alphabet ◆ Reading the French vowels ◆ Accented French vowels ◆ Accented forms of vowel A-a ◆ Accented forms of vowel E-e ◆ Accented forms of vowel I-i ◆ Accented forms of vowel O-o ◆ Accented forms of vowel U-u ◆ Accented forms of vowel Y-y ◆ Reading the French consonants ◆ Accented French consonants ◆ Sounds of French consonants ◆ Ligature with [OE] ◆ Ligature with [AE]
- You will learn all the letters that make up the French alphabet.
- You’ll be able to pronounce each French vowel accurately.
- You’ll know how to pronounce the accented vowels in French.
- You will be able to hear and pronounce accurately the sounds of French consonants.
- You will discover the 2 French ligatures and which letters they are made of.
In this section, we will study the French alphabet in detail and get our ABC down.
More specifically, we will focus on the French vowels as well asaccented letters, and consonants and their true sounds in words (phonics).
There is quite a lot to say about the French language, its history and how its alphabet came to be. There are also specific rules everyone really serious to study the French alphabet should be familiar with. Shortly, you will find on this platform a dedicated course on French phonetics, which I hope will be useful to the intermediate and advanced French language learner.
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You want to be able to read accurately each letter, each sound of the French alphabet.
- You don’t necessarily have French-speaking conversation partners readily available to start a simple Q&A talk.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 15
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Complete Beginner
- Language English / French
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes
FRENCH ALPHABET + AUDIO
FRENCH VOWELS + AUDIO
FRENCH CONSONANTS + AUDIO
LIGATURES IN FRENCH ALPHABET