LESSONS INSIDE (13) → [85 CARDS]
French various synonyms for the word “clothes” ◆ Learn to say “shoes” in various ways in French ◆ Learn what to call common tops in French ◆ Learn common pants names in French ◆ Learn the French names of common tight-leg clothing ◆ Undergarments worn by both sexes ◆ Men’s undergarments ◆ Women’s undergarments ◆ Learn common outfit names in French ◆ Learn common sleepwear French words ◆ Learn common one-piece clothing items in French ◆ Learn common clothing accessories in French
- You will learn a great number of clothing item names in French.
- You will become familiar with the various French names for clothing items such as shoes” or “outfit”.
- You’ll learn the names for the private/intimate lingerie and other undergarments men and women carefully wear each day.
- You will become familiar with the French nouns used for various accessories.
Who doesn’t know Paris, you know, the famous fashion icon? Hmm, Paris… Hilton? Nope, I’m not talking about the American celebrity. I’m referring to Paris, the capital of France, also known worldwide as the fashion capital. Whether you agree or not, you certainly acknowledge that some of the biggest fashion brands in the world (Coco Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Lacoste, etc.) originate from France. But today we’re not discussing designer clothes here. Instead, I’m going to share with you the most common French names representing clothing items.
As you expand your French vocabulary chest, I strongly suggest that while studying or reviewing these words you mix and use 2 or 3 vocabulary themes whenever possible. For example, it will be a good idea to add this current theme (clothes) to the one on colors. This way you can make short phrases such as Je mets une cravate bleue (I’m putting on a blue tie), or des jupes violettes (purple skirts), etc.
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You want to be able to describe what you wear daily or in almost any situations (sleepwear, uniform, lingerie and so on)
- You don’t necessarily have French-speaking conversation partners readily available to start a simple Q&A talk.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English / French
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes