LESSONS INSIDE (7) → [55 CARDS]
Members for [parents] group ◆ Members for [children] group ◆ Members for [grandparents] group ◆ Members for [grandchildren] group ◆ Members for [aunt/uncle] group ◆ Members for [in-laws] group ◆ Miscellaneous French family words
- You will become familiar with family tree descriptions in French.
You’ll be able to list easily all your family members in French.
- You will know how to name the various members pertaining to the category of parents, children, grandparents, and many more.
- You will hear and be able to repeat how each of these French nouns sound in actual sentences.
This section is about the French words and vocabulary used to describe family members and the relationships that ties them.
There’s this widely-circulated notion that French children appear to be better disciplined than their counterparts in other (developed) countries. While nobody can accurately validate or invalidate this claim, we can, however, all agree that the definition of “family” in France has become more and more a hot topic (extension of right to gays and lesbians, legalization of gay marriage, etc).
While the French people may not all agree on the definition of “traditional” family, at least, we can choose to focus here on very common French words related to this topic.
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You want to be able to describe family trees with a wide range of French terms and accurately pronounce them.
- You don’t necessarily have French-speaking conversation partners readily available to start a simple Q&A talk.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English / French
- Students 11
- Assessments Yes