LESSONS INSIDE (16) → [186 CARDS]
Basic greetings ◆ Introducing yourself ◆ Taking leave ◆ Sharing personal info at basic level ◆ Being polite and engaging in niceties ◆ Giving well wishes ◆ Socializing ◆ Expressing your feelings ◆ Asking for directions ◆ Daily routine ◆ At the restaurant ◆ At the hotel ◆ French time phrases ◆ Day-related French phrases ◆ Common weather phrases ◆ Common shopping phrases
- You will learn some of the most useful French words and expressions used in common situations.
- You will master easy French greetings, expressions for taking leaves, how to tell the time, inquire about the weather and learn much more.
- You’ll discover how to share with others basic personal information about yourself.
- If you love shopping, we also have included for you some useful French shopping expressions you can use when visiting France.
This section covers the basic French phrases and vocabulary you must know to survive in France or some other French-speaking country you are visiting.
As we all know, France remains a popular travel destination for millions of tourists around the world. So every year, it’s around 87 millions visitors who make the journey to this Mediterranean country to enjoy its food, taste its wines and cheeses as well as experience its culture and beautiful.
However, without a basic knowledge of French (or at least its most common phrases), you will certainly experience a whole lot of problems and frustrations, which can and WILL make their journey quite painful (and a little embarrassing, to say the least).
This section is design to teach you the most basic French phrases and words in common social contexts (greetings, at the restaurant or hotel, etc.) I hope you find it useful.
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You want to become quickly familiar with some useful and commonly-used French expressions in a wide range of social contexts.
- You don’t necessarily have French-speaking conversation partners readily available to start a simple Q&A talk.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Complete Beginner
- Language English / French
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Chapter 1: Survival French – General Introduction
- Basic French greetings – Word List & Flashcards
- Introducing yourself – Word List & Flashcards
- Taking leave – Word List & Flashcards
- Sharing personal info at basic level – Word List & Flashcards
- Being polite and engaging in niceties – Word List & Flashcards
- Giving well wishes – Word List & Flashcards
ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS
AT THE RESTAURANT
AT THE HOTEL
WEATHER, (CLOCK) TIME & DAY PHRASES
COMMON SHOPPING PHRASES