LESSONS INSIDE (11) → [85 CARDS]
Common fruits ◆ What are veggie-fruits? ◆ Veggie-fruits eaten ripe ◆ Veggie-fruits eaten unripe (green fruit) ◆ Veggie-fruits eaten ripe or unripe ◆ Leafy & salad vegetables ◆ Podded vegetables ◆ Bulbs & stem vegetables ◆ Roots & tuberous vegetables ◆ Buds & flower vegetables ◆ Other fruit- & veggie-related French words.
- You will be introduced to common fruit names in French.
- You will learn most common vegetable French names as well.
- You’ll learn the difference between a vegetable, a fruit and veggie-fruit.
- You will discover what to call in French the various types of vegetables and fruits more accurately.
- You will be able to hear and repeat these important French words in actual sentences and practice them yourself.
This section covers the list of French fruit and vegetable words and vocabulary. I’ve put together the most common edible items found in both categories.
Did you know that according to a 2013 study, apples, grapes and oranges were the 3 most popular fruits in France? In the category of vegetables, tomatoes ranked #1.
Fruits and vegetables are common commodities found in our homes. As French learners, wouldn’t it be nice if we could call them all by their right names? I think so too 🙂
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You want to be able to easily name most fruits and vegetables found at a French market.
- You don’t necessarily have French-speaking conversation partners readily available to start a simple Q&A talk.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English / French
- Students 11
- Assessments Yes