LESSONS INSIDE (22) → [158 CARDS]
Various French words for “work” ◆ Types of jobs ◆ Various French words for “employee” ◆ Other French terms for “salaried worker” ◆ Types of “unpaid workers” ◆ Academic/Teaching jobs ◆ Medical jobs ◆ Science/Technology & IT jobs ◆ Public service jobs ◆ Culinary & restaurant jobs ◆ Faith-based jobs ◆ Transportation jobs ◆ Arts & performance jobs ◆ Writing & literature jobs ◆ Beauty & care jobs ◆ Farm jobs ◆ Finance & real-estate jobs ◆ Small trades ◆ French words for “Unemployed” ◆ “Finding work” French expressions ◆ “Losing a job” French expressions ◆ “Retiring from a job” French expressions
- You will introduce yourself at a more advanced level.
- You will be able to talk about yourself on topic such as marital status, your origin, your occupation, you sex, your address and phone number and much, much more.
- You will be able to model Q & A scripts to anticipate potential questions on a wide range of topics.
- You will be able to hear and repeat these important French words and phrases in actual sentences and practice them yourself for improvement.
This section covers the words and vocabulary of things related to French jobs and occupations.
We have included 22 sub-categories for the single topic of “Job/Occupation” to make sure all of the most common occupations out there get mentioned. You will be probably be familiar with many of them through personal experience or indirectly (a family member or a friend of a friend working as a brain surgeon or mechanic).
The ultimate aim of this course is to provide you with a rich vocabulary when talking about jobs in French. Let us know if we have achieved our goal. Leave us a comment.
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You want to be able to talk about yourself in much richer ways and with greater confidence.
- You don’t necessarily have French-speaking conversation partners readily available to start a simple Q&A talk.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 23
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English / French
- Students 4
- Assessments Yes
FRENCH WORDS FOR "WORK"
TYPES OF JOBS
CATEGORIES OF EMPLOYEES
ACADEMICS - TEACHING JOBS
SCIENCE / TECHNOLOGY & IT JOBS
PUBLIC SERVICE JOBS
CULINARY AND RESTAURANT JOBS
ARTS & PERFORMANCE JOBS
WRITING & LITERATURE JOBS
BEAUTY & CARE JOBS
FINANCE & REAL ESTATE JOBS
COMMON SMALL TRADES
FRENCH WORDS FOR THE UNEMPLOYED