LESSONS INSIDE (6) → [53 CARDS]
Common names for shops ◆ Thrift shopping places ◆ Food and drink shops ◆ Beauty shops ◆ Stationery and book shops ◆ Repair shops and miscellaneous
- You will learn various common ways of naming shops in French.
- You will acquire the correct vocabulary terms for shops in various sectors including beauty shops, stationery and book shops, repair and DIY shops, thrift shops, and many more.
- You’ll see how all these vocabulary words can be applied in real-life sentence examples.
- You will be able to hear and repeat these examples and thus, improve your French pronunciation.
In this section, I will cover the French words and vocabulary dealing with our shopping experience.
Quick fact – Did you know that it wasn’t until the mid 2015-16 that the French government officially decided to allow a few stores (12 to be exact) to remain open on Sundays… in Paris? To this day, the vast majority of shops in France remain closed on Sundays. On weekdays, they close around noon for about 2 hours. Slowly, however, more and more shops might start opening on Sundays in the future as new business-friendly regulations get concocted.
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You want to become familiar with the most common French terms associated to the shopping experience.
- You don’t necessarily have French-speaking conversation partners readily available to start a simple Q&A talk.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Complete Beginner
- Language English / French
- Students 5
- Assessments Yes
COMMON NAMES FOR SHOPS
THRIFT SHOPPING PLACES
FOOD AND DRINKS SHOPS
STATIONERY AND BOOK SHOPS
REPAIR AND MISCELLANEOUS SHOPS