Greetings & Social Etiquette Phrases
LESSONS INSIDE (8) → [81 CARDS]
Greetings ◆ Introducing yourself ◆ Courtesy ◆ Being polite ◆ Saying goodbye ◆ Talking about yourself ◆ Making small talk (1 & 2)
- You will learn the most common greeting words and expressions that the French employ every day.
- You’ll learn the right French expressions to use when taking leave.
- You’ll be introduced to useful courteous expressions that will make you look and sound polite in the eyes of the French.
- You’ll learn to talk about yourself using simple French phrases.
- You’ll be able to make small talk when and where it’s most convenient.
I don’t know about you, but I learn a new language to *connect*. While learning a new language, I want to connect to people, to a new culture, a new society, to a new world, and so on. To achieve these goals faster, I’ve found that talking nice, being courteous and friendly is the way to go.
This is why I have grouped together several lessons teaching some friendly phrases and words you are encouraged to use (without moderation) whenever you talk with French-speaking people. Of course, you must do the same if you were talking with people speaking any other languages and not just French. A nice word can go a long way.
- You are a complete or false beginner of French (although students at higher levels can still benefit from practicing with flashcards and from listening to the audio clips).
- You are looking for a more interactive way of using the French you’re studying.
- You want to look and sound friendly and make new French-speaking friends faster.
- You’re looking to take your listening and speaking skills with confidence and at your own pace.
- You must have a computer and it must be connected to the internet.
- Your computer must be equipped with built-in or external speakers to be able to listen to the recorded French audio segments.
- No prior knowledge of French is required as everything will be taught.
- You must, at least, be familiar with the English and/or French alphabet, and if you were able to follow me until now, chances are I don’t have to worry about it on that point.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Complete Beginners
- Language English / French
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF
MAKING SMALL TALK (1)
MAKING SMALL TALK (2)