DRINKING – BASIC FRENCH VOCABULARY PHRASES
9 cards | 9 challenge levels for non-stop practice | We test you on all 4 language skills
This section is about common French expressions used around the act of drinking.
Like in many societies around the world, “Prendre un verre” (to have a drink) is fully integral to French culture. Whether in the company of relatives or friends, enjoying a cold beer or a glass of wine helps foster a greater sense of community among us. It would a shame not include in this basic French vocabulary course a few frequent “drinking” expressions used by the French people.
1. PREVIEW: WORDS & PHRASES
1. On prend un verre aujourd’hui?
Shall we have a drink today?
2. Quelles bières est-ce que vous avez?
What kind of beer do you have?
3. une bouteille de bière, s’il-vous-plaît.
A bottle of beer, please.
4. une autre chope de bière, s’il-vous-plaît.
Another mug of beer, please.
5. Santé!; Tchin-tchin!
Bottoms up!; Toast!
6. J’ai assez bu.
I’ve had enough.
7. Je ne bois pas beaucoup.
I can’t drink much.
8. J’ai trop bu.
I can’t drink anymore.
9. les copains de bar
2. PRACTICE: CARD SETS + QUIZZESThis Course has gone missing, please verify the following course id 33635
3. CONNECT: QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
Do you have any questions or comments for me? Connect with me in the comment box below. I value your feedback and will get back to you as soon as I can.