HOLIDAYS – BASIC FRENCH VOCABULARY PHRASES
10 cards | 9 challenge levels for non-stop practice | We test you on all 4 language skills
In this French vocabulary lesson, we will study common holiday phrases.
Several holidays populate calendars around the world. Thanksgiving day, New Year’s day, Christmas, Easter, Ramadan, and Diwali and many more, these are time of festivities during which people rejoice and partake in collective activities.
Some of these holiday are celebrated worldwide and may be already familiar to you. Here they are in French for your convenience. Enjoy!
1. PREVIEW: WORDS & PHRASES
1. la Saint-Sylvestre
New Year’s Eve
2. le jour de l’An
New Year’s Day
3. journée des anciens combattants (f.)
4. la fête du travail
5. la Thanksgiving; le jour d’Action de Grâce (Can.)
6. Jour des soldats morts au champ d’honneur
7. Halloween (f.)
8. les vacances de printemps (f.pl.)
9. Mardi gras
10. le jour de Noël
2. PRACTICE: CARD SETS + QUIZZES
3. CONNECT: QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
Do you have any questions or comments for me? Connect with me in the comment box below. I value your feedback and will get back to you as soon as I can.