SURVIVAL FRENCH - BASIC FRENCH VOCABULARY PHRASES
10 cards | 9 challenge levels for non-stop practice | We test you on all 4 language skills
TOPIC: SURVIVAL FRENCH
In this lesson, we will learn common French phrases of courtesy.
I know, I know, we've all heard these outrageous stories from tourists in France about their rude waiters and moody taxi drivers. But whether they are true or not, let me just say that this representation is far from the norm.
The French people take great pride in a history imbued with chivalric values and a fondness for social mutual respect. Try it, use the following phrases of courtesy and see how the French men and women open the doors to their hearts to you.
1. PREVIEW: WORDS & PHRASES
1. Je ne comprends pas le français.
I don't understand French.
2. Je ne sais pas.
I don't know.
3. Qu'est-ce que vous avez dit?
What did you say?
4. Je ne parle pas le français.
I do not speak French
5. Pourriez-vous répéter cela, s'il-vous-plaît?
Could you repeat that, please?
6. Pourriez-vous parler plus lentement?
Could you speak more slowly?
7. Ecrivez-le, s'il-vous-plaît.
Please write it down.
8. Je ne comprends pas ce que vous avez dit.
I don't understand what you said.
9. Je ne comprends pas ce que vous voulez dire.
I don't understand what you mean.
10. Parlez-vous français?
Do you speak French?
2. PRACTICE: CARD SETS + QUIZZES
3. CONNECT: QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
Do you have any questions or comments for me? Connect with me in the comment box below. I value your feedback and will get back to you as soon as I can.