TAKING A SEAT - BASIC FRENCH VOCABULARY PHRASES
10 cards | 9 challenge levels for non-stop practice | We test you on all 4 language skills
TOPIC: TAKING A SEAT
This section deals with common French phrases about taking a seat. I've read somewhere that humans during their lifetime spend more time sitting (or lying down) than standing up. Health magazines also touts the benefits of standing up and I agree one hundred percent. Have you, by the way, caught up with the new trend these recent years involving working while standing up, walking or even jogging? Sounds fun, doesn't it? But for now, may I ask you to please sit down and get busy studying? :-) Enjoy.
1. PREVIEW: WORDS & PHRASES
1. un siège; une place
2. une chaise
3. une place non-fumeur
4. Cette place est-elle occupée?
Is this seat taken?
5. ça vous dérange si je m'assois ici?
Do you mind if I sit here?
6. Puis-je changer de place?
Can I change my seat?
7. Où est mon siège?
Where is my seat?
8. Je souhaite changer de place.
I want to change my seat.
9. Une place non-fumeur, s'il-vous-plaît.
A non-smoking seat, please.
10. Pourrais-je avoir un siège côté fenêtre, s'il-vous-plaît?
Can I have a window seat, please?
2. PRACTICE: CARD SETS + QUIZZES
3. CONNECT: QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
Do you have any questions or comments for me? Connect with me in the comment box below. I value your feedback and will get back to you as soon as I can.