WEATHER (2) - BASIC FRENCH VOCABULARY PHRASES
7 cards | 9 challenge levels for non-stop practice | We test you on all 4 language skills
TOPIC: WEATHER (2)
This is part 2 of the vocabulary lesson on common French weather phrases.
Quel temps fait-il? This is the typical way of inquiring about the weather. In French, the verb FAIRE (to make/to do) is used to describe the weather or inquire about it. These weather phrases using FAIRE are idioms, and trying to translate them literally in English won't yield the results you're after. More on French idioms in another lesson. For now, I wish you all wonderful day wherever you might be accessing this lesson from. Enjoy!
1. PREVIEW: WORDS & PHRASES
1. Il fait froid aujourd'hui.
It is cold today.
2. Il fait un peu froid aujourd'hui.
It is a little cold today.
3. Il pleut fortement dehors.
It's raining heavily outside.
4. On dirait qu'il va pleuvoir.
It looks like it will rain.
5. Il fait très beau aujourd'hui.
It is very beautiful today.
6. Quel temps fera-t-il demain?
What's the weather like tomorrow?
7. La météo prévoit un ciel dégagé demain.
The weather forecast predicts a clear sky tomorrow.
2. PRACTICE: CARD SETS + QUIZZES
3. CONNECT: QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
Do you have any questions or comments for me? Connect with me in the comment box below. I value your feedback and will get back to you as soon as I can.